To create one’s own world, in any of the arts, takes courage.
This blog is a journal of my synesthetic meanderings
through each of my dozens of tubes, bottles and jars of paint.
Watching them mingle and blend, becoming something “other” as they flood across wet white watercolor paper.
Sometimes when needing something more “visceral” I turn to acrylic.
They are splattered, dripped, poured, smeared.
All is a color~drenched journey.
Or that familiar sense of nauseated disgust!
I cannot paint any other way nor would I want to.
This means I taste color.
When I see color, I literally taste color at the same time.
I am not sure which happens first!
Thus when I paint, I am using my sense of taste to guide my color choices.
I have been tasting color for as long as I can remember.
Many questions are yet to be answered.
It is an exciting prospect given so many have some form of synesthesia,
Rather we will allow them to be the individuals they are,
even if lima bean green makes them sick…
Let them eat watermelon!!!
my husband and I are growing grapes in Sonoma County, California.
- A Country Woman who Paints (countrywomanpaints.com)
- Synesthesia May Explain Aura Reading (izabael.com)
- More Original Synesthetic Art (johntravieso.blogspot.com)
- Scientific evidence proves why healers see the ‘aura’ of people (medicalxpress.com)
- Can You Teach Yourself Synesthesia? (theatlantic.com)